I wrote a brief guide for this since I just had to do it and the Recon-ng Usage Guide has this one listed as TBD. Cheers!
- Create a Flickr account at https://www.flickr.com/signup.
- Apply for an API key at: https://www.flickr.com/services/apps/create/apply/ and select APPLY FOR A NON-COMMERCIAL KEY.
- Enter the name of your app, say “My_Username_RNG_app”.
- Enter a description of what you are building, say “This is my first rodeo and I’m just doing some testing of picture searches right now.”
- Check the “I acknowledge that Flickr members own all rights to their content, and that it’s my responsibility to make sure that my project does not contravene those rights.” disclaimer.
- You will get a 32 character “Key” and a 16 character “Secret”.
- Open recon-ng if it is not already open.
- Add your key to recon-ng with:
keys add flickr_api
- Exit recon-ng (I did not do this intitially, and ran into issues with an error about an invalid key format.)
- Run recon-ng
- Run the Flickr pushpin with:
- Take it away from there.